Real Estate Litigation Assistance You Can Rely On
Whether your disagreement involves transactions, zoning, construction, property disputes or foreclosure, both sides in a real estate dispute have substantial interests at stake, but rarely the luxury of time or resources to battle it out in court. You want an attorney who can get directly to the heart of the legal conflict to forge a timely, definitive and cost-effective resolution.
My name is David Grauer. A significant portion of my civil litigation practice is devoted to zoning, construction and real estate litigation, both residential and commercial. With more than 40 years of experience practicing law in White Plains, I have built a diverse clientele through word-of-mouth referrals, based on intelligent and expeditious resolutions of real property legal disputes.
I counsel and represent homeowners and business owners, developers and construction contractors, title companies and corporations, serving Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties and the New York City metro area. Arrange a consultation to discuss how I can help.
Sophisticated Representation In All Aspects Of Real Estate Litigation
I can assist you with any of the following matters, among others:
- Title disputes – I regularly represent major title companies, defending titles against tax liens, constructive trusts and other substantial claims.
- Adverse possession – I have prosecuted and defended quiet title actions, prescriptive easements and other possessory actions.
- Zoning appeals – I represent developers and property owners in Article 78 proceedings to appeal adverse decisions of local zoning boards, such as denials for rezoning or conditional use.
- Real estate finance litigation – I negotiate forbearance agreements for developers and defend them on indemnification claims, and handle other complex disputes over financing of development and construction.
- Foreclosure litigation – I defend property owners or prosecute foreclosures on behalf of contractors, lenders and other lien holders, including ancillary bankruptcy proceedings. I have also litigated fraudulent mortgage lawsuits.
- Property transactions and disputes – I negotiate agreements for sale or purchase of homes and commercial properties, and I handle any ensuing litigation, such as breach of transaction, recovery of earnest money, fraud/misrepresentation and title disputes.
- Property line disputes – I help homeowners and business owners resolve conflicts over encroachments, easements or lot line disputes affecting the use, title or sale of property.
- Construction litigation – I represent general contractors, subcontractors, owners, architects and engineers in all disputes and claims relating to public or private construction, such as construction defects, mechanic’s lien foreclosure, specific performance, progress payments and bonded litigation.
Whether In Court Or Out Of It, Your Goals Are My Top Priority
My sophisticated expertise in real estate and zoning law enables me to penetrate to the core dispute, suggest solutions and position my clients for a satisfactory result. I work to keep clients out of court, but I am a veteran trial lawyer in all forums, including federal and appellate courts.
I offer a free phone consultation and flexible appointments. Call my law firm, David I. Grauer, Attorney at Law, at 914-269-2419 to schedule a convenient time to discuss your legal matter.